CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Sunday, January 8, 2012

With All My Heart - Inlaid Embossing


This is a pretty cool technique! I seen some really neat cards done with the leaves die last year and thought I'd try it with hearts since Valentine's Day is just around the corner.



To emboss the hearts:

Cut or Punch out a white circle using your 2-1/2" circle punch or circle scissors plus (or largest circle on the circles #2 die). Then punch out different size and colour hearts using the Heart to Heart Punch. Randomly adhere the hearts to the white circle. Place the white circle in the Polka Dots embossing folder and run through the big shot. Adhere the white circle to the 2-3/4" cherry cobbler circle which is cut out using the circle scissors plus. Adhere the cherry cobbler circle to the black scallop circle. I placed a piece of sticky strip across the card and pleaded the black satin ribbon before adhering the black scallop circle to the card front.



Products used for this project:

Stamp Sets: With All My Heart (W118134,C118623),

Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler (119685), Basic Black (121045), Pretty in Pink (100459), Whisper White (100730)

Ink: Stampin Basic Black (101179)

Accessories and More: Big Shot (113439), Scallop Circle #2 die (113469), Perfect Polka Dots (117335), Heart to Heart Punch (119881), 2-1/2" Circle Punch (120906), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon (117285), Patterns DSP Subtles Collection (117152), Sticky Strip (104294), Snail adhesive (104332)

Hope you like..... : )

3 comments:

BeverlyBL

This is very cute. I found you on Kim Score's "Paper Punch Addiction" blog.

Penny Hanuszak

What a wonderful card. I love the clean crisp design and hearts detail. TFS.

Jery

This is awesome! I haven't liked the inlaid embossing when I've seen it before, but I really like how it's the focal point of the card and not the background. Makes better impact when it's contained, and I love the clean colors and lines of the card.