CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 - A Year in Review Part I

Happy 2012!  

Wow!  Can you believe a whole year has flown by?  I can't.  Looking back on 2011, we thought it would be fun to share some of our most popular and favorite posts with you.  Natasha and I had a blast looking back at this past year's posts, and seeing which ones were the most popular with our readers.  Did you have any favorites?  I'm going to go first, and Natasha's going to share her's with you on our next post.  

I'm going to start with my favorite posts of Natasha's.  When we talked on the phone, we agreed to choose a couple of our own favorites, and one of each others, but I just couldn't narrow Natasha's posts down to a single favorite.  Really!  It was so much fun revisiting and going through old posts, that I just HAD to list more than one.  Here are a few of my FAVORITE posts of Natasha's (but I did leave a couple off so she can toot her own horn later): 

Gorgeous, gorgeous use of spice cake DSP and the versitile and beautiful French Foliage stamp set.

Great colours, layouts, and AWESOME use of the  Peekaboo Frames die (I had my mind stuck on "Advent Calendars" for this die, and Natasha really used it outside of the box and showed how versatile and useful it is.  These projects put this die onto my "must have" list :)

Grad Owl
 I had seen lots of owls out there, but this was the cutest little owl EV-AH! I just fell in love with his little grad cap and diploma.  Loved the pocket to tuck in a little gift too.  I ended up CASE-ing this card off of Natasha. 

These little dresses really are "so sweet", and judging by the number of page views and number of pins of this project onto Pinterest, I think that you loved them too! 


Okay, on to most popular/favorite posts of mine.   Based on page views, the most popular post posted by me was , this post , of my Paper Flower Bouquet.  Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. 


Later in the year, I went on to combine the Paper Flower Bouquet with another bouquet (Paper Orchid Bouquet) and made this Paper Wedding Bouquet:



I'm also thrilled to say that the bouquet was chosen January 1st by SplitCoastStampers in their list of  Favorites: The Best of 2011.  What an honour to be chosen and included amongst such talented artists :)  Whoo hoo!  My humble thanks to the talented and dedicated ladies who volunteer their time to organize and  run the Favorites forum over at SplitCoastStampers.

Looking forward to 2012!






2 comments:

Louise Meissner

I'm constantly amazed and inspired by both you and Natasha. I can't imagine after looking over your "fave picks" of 2011, how you are going to top them! Excited to see what Natasha comes up with.

Congrats on your SCS pick of 2011 :)

Natasha Hein

2011 was such a GREAT year! Congrats on being a favorite on SCS's 2011 picks! YOU ROCK.. : )

Thanks for sharing your faves.. i look forward to sharing mine shortly.. : )

All the best in 2012!!

Natasha
xo