CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Lynn's Wedding


Well, my good friend Lynn got married this week, and I'm dying to show you a few of the things that I had the pleasure of working on for her wedding shower and wedding.  Last week, I showed you the beautiful butterfly place card holders we made in this post.  Thanks for all your wonderful comments and inquiries!


Well, Lynn's bridal bouquet was pretty much the most unique thing I had ever seen.  I centered around a white on white theme (very classy!).  It featured moth orchids  and was entirely made out of CLAY!  I wish I had pictures to show you!   If you saw it, you would never know it was clay.  The artisian who made it is one of the most talented, gifted artists I have ever seen.  Now, if you know me at all, you know that I have a love of trying to recreate flowers in sugarpaste for cakes and in paper for papercrafting.  Lynn's bouquet was an insipiration to me, and with this in mind, I created these things:


This is the cake I made for her wedding shower.  The cake was a white genoise cake studded with bittersweet chocolate.  Then each of the three tiers was torted into three layers.  I placed raspberry preserves and whole raspberries on each layer and then slathered on a creamcheese/white chocolate filling.  I restacked each layer, and then covered each tier with a vanilla french buttercream.  The tiers were then stacked, and I placed the orchids and ivy that I had carefully made by hand out of sugarpaste.  


Well, making all those sugar orchids, got me to thinking about trying to make orchids out of paper.  This is the design I came up with.  What do you think?  


To create this card, I used:

Stamp Sets: Word Play ("happy I do day") (on the inside - not shown) 
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Stampin Write Marker
Accessories and More:  Stampin Pastels, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Pearl Jewels, and my own template for orchid flowers.

Complete template and tutorial now available for the orchid flowers here!! 

More gorgeous projects to make with these orchid flowers coming up!

Please check out my other Paper Flower Bouquet Tutorial here.

2 comments:

Stampinsallie

Love it!! So beautiful and elegant. A wonderful way to tie in the cake with the paper crafting. Truly inspirational.

Terri

Truly amazing. Your talent is unbelievable. Thanks for sharing.