For stamp club this month we created this cute little gift!.. This little flower pot holds a flower bulb in it so whomever receives this special gift will be able to plant it and watch it grow.. : )
This would be a great gift idea for Mother's day or for a year end teacher's gift.--I'm sure anyone who loves to garden would adore this gift idea as well!! This project uses very minimal supplies which makes it very simple and of course fun to create.
Supplies needed to create project:
Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets (W123025,C123027), Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370)
Card Stock: Naturals Ivory (101849)- 3-1/2" x 11, scored at 5-1/2", Scraps for Flowers
Ink: Early Espresso (119670), Daffodil Delight (119667), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Old Olive (102277)
Accessories and More: Big Shot (113439), Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (125595), Word Window Punch (119857), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (119860), Crop-a-dile (108362), Basic Pearls (119247), Paper Snips (103579), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Raffia and Minin Flower Pot.
Instruction on how to create the flower pot gift holder:
Step one: Fold your 3-1/2" x 11" Natural Ivory card stock in half. Place the Adorning Accents die at the top of the open end of the card stock and run through the Big Shot.
Your card stock will now have a nice rounded edge.
2. Centering the 1-3/8" punch at the bottom of the folded end of the Naturals Ivory card stock, punch out a half circle. (if you have a old style black punch line up your card stock to the black line, this is half way)
3. Center the Word Window punch at the bottom of the folded end, over top of the punched out half circle. Punch out the word window shape. (if you have an older style black punch, go in as far as the punch will go)
If you have a newer style Word Window punch the distance from the bottom to the punched out word window shape is approximately 1-5/16" as shown here.
4. Place a Sticky note just below the punched out word window shape. Ink up the Stem/leaves stamp in Old Olive and stamp on the Natural Ivory card stock. (the sticky note will block the bottom bit of the stem). Repeat this step so you have 2 flower stems. --Flip your card stock over and repeat the above steps so you have the stem/leaves on the back of your project as well.
5. With the 3/16" setting on the Crop-a-dile punch a hole approximately 1/2" in from each side (aprx. 1-3/4" up from the bottom)
8. Using Raffia (or ribbon of your choice) loosely thread a few strains through one of the front holes making your way around the back of your project and ending back at the front. (where you will end up tying your bow) Note: It's easier to thread the Raffia through the holes before placing the flower pot between the card stock. Once the Raffia is threaded through the back just pull a bit of extra so you'll have room to open the card stock and place the flower pot at the bottom.
10. Voila... you have a nice gift for someone special. : )
Hope you like.. : )
My very popular Cupcake Punch Tutorial is Now Available! Check out the top Right Hand side bar to purchase and receive your 45 page step by step tutorial.--Are you looking for new fresh ideas? Looking to be inspired? Look no further, I have put together a 7 part tutorial which includes 6 amazing cards and one stinkin' cute scrapbook page layout! The tutorial is in seven parts. Each tutorial gives step-by-step instructions with tons of photos to help you recreate each card. The complete tutorial is 45 pages long and includes over 100 photos. Four of the 6 cards have hidden greetings and i have incorporate the cupcake punch into all 6 cards! You'll be amazed at what you can do with the cupcake punch! I'm so excited to share this tutorial with you! : )