CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tutorials

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Hope you all had fun and safe Halloween. Just a quick post as I'm exhausted from a busy Halloween weekend! The kids had so much fun tonight!

We had a fun full weekend of Halloween adventures. It started off Friday with the pumpkin patch with Alyssa's preschool class. Then Saturday we took the kids to a Halloween parade and then Sunday we carved pumpkins and went on the spooky Halloween train ride at Bear Creek park. NOTE TO SELF: don't ever take young kids to anything spooky unless you are prepared for them to sleep with you for weeks! the chainsaw massacre actually came into our teeny weeny train cart blazing the chainsaw in our faces...when i saw my nieces face and the tears flying off her face i said "that thing was real.. i smell gas!"...hum yeah Natasha that makes things better!! ...Alyssa started to cry...Ethan had his face inside my jacket the whole time!! My niece came home with a dirt/grease mark above her eyebrow!! --lets say we all headed for ice cream afterwards to cheer everybody up!! : )

After Alyssa checked out every room in the house for big bad gorilla's...they were off to bed and I'm amazed that they slept through the night without any nightmares!

On to the projects...

I created these cards and chocolates for the kids teachers this year.



I'm just loving the Peek a boo die from the Holiday Mini!....it's so versatile.



These were quick fun cards to create using the circle peek a boo!! I switched up the DSP so the teachers didn't receive the same design. Ethan has 2 teachers and Alyssa 2as well.. ; )



Since the cards were pretty simple i dressed them up with black textured card stock for the "BOO" and added some black striped ribbon with a Happy Halloween greeting attached. oh and of course i complicated things for myself by tying a bow....you know how i LOVE bows.. : )



I wrapped the candy bars using the Halloween DSP from the Holiday Mini, Pick your Poison. And used the cute Halloween owl from the set Warmest of Wishes, also from the Holiday Mini. I used the Perfect Polka Dot's embossing folder on the black band that is around the DSP.



This scallop circle is from the Perfect Pennant die. I can't get enough of it! you'll see more projects using that specific scallop circle in the near future as I've been busy creating projects with this die! (note: i did use the 2-3/8" scallop punch on one of the chocolate bars - first photo above)



0 comments: